Many companies with revenue over $500,000,000 use QuickBooks Enterprise for its functionality, capacity for up to one million customers and up to 40 users, and increased capabilities, such as advanced inventory and advanced reporting. But often, some companies find QuickBooks Enterprise, as well as QuickBooks Desktop, limiting.
It’s increasingly common for companies, large and small, to use multiple software programs, such as Expensify, Epicor’s BisTrack, or a customized package built for the specific needs of an industry, for the business-critical workflows in their organization. These software programs typically:
- Accomplish a particular task deemed necessary by the organization, such as payroll or expense management
- Don’t include a general ledger or accounts payable.
As a result, it’s necessary to move data from these business-critical programs to QuickBooks and QuickBooks Enterprise. Some companies hire dozens of employees to pound the keyboards day after day entering summary data from these programs to QuickBooks. But the smart ones automate the process with Transaction Pro Importer with much less effort and a lot less time.
Create Even More Functionality
Some additional features exist for Transaction Pro Importer for QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Enterprise that are not included with the standard installation. These additional features can be accessed by adding Command Line Codes to the Transaction Pro properties.
The following additional features are available using Command Line Codes:
- Add an Address Line 5 field for the addresses on the mapping
- Enable columns as rows for expenses on a Bill, credit card, or check import
- Employee Cross Reference
- Prevent a new Customer from being setup automatically on Bill, Check, and Vendor Credit imports when the Customer specified for the expense does not already exist in QuickBooks
- Create a new transaction type INVOICE CREDIT MEMO that allows both Invoices and Credit Memos to be imported within the same file.
- Create a new transaction type INVOICE LINK SALES ORDER that allows imported Invoices to be linked to existing Sales Orders.
- Add ITEM ACCOUNT field to the mapping screen
- Open the Income Account field on the final screen of Importer for NON-INVENTORY PART
- Stop Importer from loading the Chart of Accounts from QuickBooks
- For non-US Versions of QuickBooks, adds AR Account map field for Invoice and Credit Memo transaction types
- Bypass all required fields in mapping
- Change the Receive Payment import to search first by Customer and then find the matching Invoice
- Allow the same Check number to be applied to multiple Invoices for the same Customer and only show as one Payment on the Customer’s account
- Remove the requirement of the Customer name for a Payment import and applies the Payment by the Invoice number only
- Add a new mapping field AUTO APPLY
- Allow users to specify Amount rather than Price on Line Items on indicated transaction import types
- And many more
Learn more about using Command Line Codes in our Knowledge Base by searching on “Command Line Codes.”