Getting Started with Transaction Pro for QuickBooks Online
Congratulations! You have taken the first step toward making your busy day easier by selecting Transaction Pro to help import data into QuickBooks Online. We know learning new software can be challenging, so here’s five top tips for using Transaction Pro Importer:
- Make use of the data dictionary. The data dictionary shows the types of items and transactions you can import with Transaction Pro Importer: Data Dictionary.
- Make use of the template files. Template files are an excellent source for testing imports and setting up your import files. Access the templates from inside the Importer app by clicking the link at the top of the page on the CHOOSE IMPORT TYPE page.
- Use account number or account name for GL accounts. If you are importing a transaction that includes a GL account number, you only need to import the account number or the account name, never both. If you use account numbers, select this option by clicking the OPTIONS button in the upper right-hand corner of the PREVIEW AND IMPORT page.
- Have a unique reference number for each transaction. For all transaction types, Transaction Pro Importer requires a unique reference number field for each transaction in order to know where a transaction begins and ends. The reference number can be anything as long as it is unique for each transaction on your import file. It does not have to be the transaction number because QB can assign this during import. It can be as simple as 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Do a small import first. When first importing, run a test of only one or two items or transactions to make sure that everything is working properly before importing a large file.
If you have questions or need additional assistance, your online subscription includes unlimited email support as long as your subscription is active. Email our Customer Success Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also access our Knowledge Base for helpful articles.