Welcome to Transaction Pro!
You have taken the first step towards making your busy day a bit easier by selecting Transaction Pro to assist you with importing data from other sources into QuickBooks Online. Here are five top tips for using Transaction Pro Importer to get you started on the right foot:
- Make use of the data dictionary. The data dictionary shows the types of items and transactions that can be imported with Transaction Pro Importer as well as the available and required fields and can be accessed HERE.
- Make use of the template files. Template files are a good source for testing imports and for setting up your import files. The templates can be accessed from inside the Importer application by clicking the link at the top of the page on the CHOOSE IMPORT TYPE page.
- Use account number or account name for GL accounts. If you are importing a transaction that includes a GL account number, you only need to import the account number or the account name, never both. If you will be using account numbers, you will need to select this option by selecting the OPTIONS button in the upper right-hand corner of the PREVIEW AND IMPORT page.
- Have a unique reference number for each transaction. For all transaction types, Transaction Pro Importer (TPI) requires a unique reference number field for each transaction in order to know where a transaction begins and ends. The reference number can be anything as long as it is unique for each transaction on your import file. It does not have to be the transaction number because QB can assign this during import. It can be as simple as 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Do a small import first. When first importing, run a test of only one or two items or transactions to make sure that everything is working as you want before importing a large file.
Now that you are on your way towards becoming a Transaction Pro Importer expert, please give it a try by mapping and importing your first import file into QuickBooks Online.
If you have any additional questions or need assistance with getting started, your online subscription includes unlimited email support as long as your subscription is active. You can email support at email@example.com. You can also access our Knowledge Base for answers to many common questions HERE.
Additional premium support options are available, and you can read more about them HERE.
The Transaction Pro Support Staff is here to ensure that Transaction Pro Importer makes your busy day a bit easier.
NOW START IMPORTING!